Saturday, December 13, 2008

Putting Christ back in Christmas

Unfortunately, this country has been in a constant state of putting material things first, especially when it's time for Christmas. This attitude was never made plainer or more fatally obvious than when the Wal-Mart employee was trampled to death all because people could not exercise some patience. It was like the movie "Jingle All the Way" (starring Arnold S., and Sinbad), but far deadlier.

We need to turn away from our focus of buying and receiving of material goods and focus more on our Lord's birth, without which his death and resurrection would not have been possible.

May everybody have a good final couple of weeks of Advent and a Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked this article. I am a new Catholic and LOVE praying the Rosary. In doing so, it has helped me to better understand the life of Christ and is making my Christ-mas much more meaningful.

Thanks,

Karen

LRThunder said...

Thank you. I'm also a new Catholic, well pretty new at least. I was confirmed at the 2007 Easter Vigil, and I'm still trying to get used to praying the Rosary.

It's always good to keep focus on Christ, and not just during Christmas time. :)