Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Back from D.C.

I'm back!

I had a great time in Washington D.C. I'll post some pictures later this week.

The trip didn't start off so well. The cats would not cooperate into getting into the one carrier we have (my dad can show some scratch marks to prove it). When we get one cat in and try getting the second cat in, the first one would escape. We'd try getting the second cat in and then the first one, the second one would escape. We ended up taking two trips to the vets and picked up a second carrier before getting the cats.

In D.C., we visited the National Archives, the National Zoo, the Library of Congress, the National Cathedral and the Basilica Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. On Sunday, we went to the new Air and Space Museum located near Dulles Airport.

I think I got spoiled by the church I went to Mass this past Sunday. It was as traditional a Mass as one can get without it being a Latin Mass. The altar boys wore cassocks with suplices; the celebrant prayed the Eucharistic Prayer I; we sang the Sanctus and the Agnus Dei (sp?) in Latin; at Communion, two other priests and a deacon came to help distribute communion and the three altar boys used patens (sp?) as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also recently returned from D.C. I was there June 28-July 2, so we seem to have been there around the same time. I attended Mass at the Basilica on June 29 and it was the highlight of our trip. I went to the Basilica as a tourist and left feeling more like a pilgrim! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like a really awesome trip. (I'm not really stalking you, I just followed your link from CAF) :-) redtech