For those that do not know, I work at a movie theater, and most of the time I am scheduled as an usher.
I would like to take the time to post a few ways you can support your local usher:
1) When arriving at a theater early, please allow the ushers the opportunity to clean the theater. You don't want to sit in a messy theater...at least I assume you don't. The world won't end if you can't sit down as soon as the end credits of the previous movie finish.
2) Parents...I know kids will be kids, but please try to prevent them from dumping an entire bag of popcorn on the floor. Not only is it messy to clean up, but that's money down the drain for you.
3) Every little bit helps. As you leave the theater, please take the time to pick up any trash and take it to the nearest trash can. The less trash we have to pick up, the faster we can clean the theater, and the happier you will be.
4) If you notice a problem with a movie, or a member of the audience, let an usher know A.S.A.P. We can't get the problem fixed if we don't know about it. The sooner we know about the problem , the sooner we can correct it, and the happier you will be.
5) For R-rated movies, we do check ID and if the person doesn't look like they're ready for Senior Prom, we don't let them in without being accompanied by a person who is of age. If you are of age and look young enough, have your ID ready. Saves you time, saves us time, and makes both of us happy.
Just a few things in mind the next time you watch a movie at a theater. Some ushers or theater staff may seem rude, but most want to make sure you have a good time, and keeping some of these tips in mind will help you have a good time